The assistant senior patrol leader works closely with the senior patrol leader to help the
troop move forward and serves as acting senior patrol leader when the senior patrol
leader is absent. Among his specific duties, the assistant senior patrol leader trains and
provides direction to the troop quartermaster, scribe, historian, librarian, instructors, and
Order of the Arrow representative. During his tenure as assistant senior patrol leader he
is not a member of a patrol, but he may participate in the high-adventure activities of a
Venture patrol. Large troops may have more than one assistant senior patrol leader,
each appointed by the senior patrol leader.
- Helps the senior patrol leader lead meetings and activities.
- Runs the troop in the absence of the senior patrol leader.
- Helps train and supervise the troop Scribe, Quartermaster, Instructor, Librarian, Historian, Webmaster, and Chaplain Aide.
- Serves as a member of the patrol leaders’ council.
- Sets a good example.
- Enthusiastically and correctly wears the Scout uniform (all four parts).
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law
- Show Scout spirit.
- Lends a hand controlling the patrol and building patrol spirit.
- Wears the uniform correctly.