The quartermaster is the troop’s supply boss. He keeps an inventory of troop equipment
and sees that the gear is in good condition. He works with patrol quartermasters as they
check out equipment and return it, and at meetings of the patrol leaders’ council he
reports on the status of equipment in need of replacement or repair. In carrying out his
responsibilities, he may have the guidance of a member of the troop committee.
- Keeps records on patrol/troop equipment.
- Makes sure equipment is in good working condition.
- Issues equipment and makes sure it is returned in good condition.
- Makes suggestions for new or replacement items.
- Works with the troop committee member responsible for equipment.
- Sets a good example.
- Enthusiastically and correctly wears the Scout uniform (all four parts).
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Shows Scout spirit