The scribe is the troop’s secretary. Though not a voting member, he attends meetings
of the patrol leaders’ council and keeps a record of the discussions. He cooperates with
the patrol scribes to record attendance and dues payments at troop meetings and to
maintain troop advancement records. A member of the troop committee may assist him
with his work.
- Attends and keeps a log of patrol leaders’ council meetings.
- Records individual Scout attendance and dues payments.
- Records individual Scout advancement progress.
- Works with the troop committee member responsible for records and finance.
- Sets a good example.
- Enthusiastically and correctly wears the Scout uniform (all four parts).
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Shows Scout spirit